Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good job ladies- keep on sewin'

I received this email from Kristi Cook at Group Publishing here in Loveland. She needs hundreds of dress and shorts for their upcoming mission trips. If you need kits, I've got plenty.
Call me at 970-776-9029.


Hi Carolyn,
Thank you so much for the dresses and shorts.  I took them to Mexico, where we spent four days building a house!  On the 5th day, we went to an orphanage that takes in handicapped kids, and the four girls that live in this home (only 24 kids total) had already gone home to spend Christmas with their family, so I left 4 beautiful dresses for them, along with most of the shorts.  The house mom requested to take some of the gifts we brought to give them to the boys for Christmas, which is why I didn’t get any photos of the boys with shorts.  I am very sorry!  I know how nice it is to see photos, especially after all your hard work. The local missionary, Kelly, offered to take the rest of the dresses and other shorts to one or two other homes in January and offered to send pictures then.  I will send the photos on when I get them.  Both Kelly and the housemom were very encouraged that you and a group of women had made the dresses for their kids!!  Thank you so much for sending them with me, it was a privilege to deliver them, my only regret is that I have no photos to show you!

We may have a trip to Ecuador in March, but then we have trips to Peru and to Haiti scheduled for June, July, August and October, Dominican Republic in November.  We may even return to Kenya over Labor Day

Thanks for all your hard work!

I hope you had a very nice Christmas and a Happy New Year!

kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment