Friday, October 22, 2010

Clean out your closets!

As you know, we have been busy making dresses and prayer dolls for little girls all over the world through Hope4Women's Dress A Girl Around the World project. (10,700 and counting!) Last summer DAG founder Rachel Cinader met Claudia Kerns who lives in Kentucky and has partnered Dress A Girl with the Christian Appalachian Project. For the next two months, until Dec. 23, I am asking you to join me in helping these needy children right in our country. Both boys and girls need warm clothes. I'm calling it Kozy Kids Klothes for Kentucky. (OK, work with me here) Here is the email Claudia sent to me. Please clean out your kids' closets, shop at garage sales, thrift stores or store sales and pick up and mail these much needed items to Claudia. Put a little note in so she knows how you found out about the project. She will be the Lord's hands and feet to serve these little American children who are cold. God has richly blessed us, let's be a blessing! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks SO much, Carolyn

 From Claudia : "I am working with CAP, Christian Appalachian Project.  This is where Rachel has made contact and this group has the capacity to reach the ones that need help.  They have a “head start” so to speak, a women’s shelter, drug rehab and many other programs.  CAP is located about 20 miles from my home and so this makes a good marriage. 
Here is a list of needs.
Warm pajamas
Dresses
Socks
britches
Undies
Anything warm
From babies, preschool and elementary school sizes.

It is almost like a 3rd world country in eastern KY.

Mailing address:
Claudia Kerns
PO Box 428
Burnside  KY   42519
  
Thank you so much, and I hope we may meet face to face sometime.
In His Love,
Claudia

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this project in Kentucky and the name Kozy Kids Klothes:)

    ReplyDelete